Saturday, July 31, 2010

Coffee Road Trip: Durham

Today I'm driving to Durham to transport animals north with Rural Shelter Transports. Another reason to drive to Durham is the weekly coffee cuppings at Counter Culture Coffee. Every Friday morning, they open the roasting facility to the public for a tour and a tasting session, where you can learn to taste all the earthy, fruity elements of coffee. It's similar to learning to taste wine, but oh so caffeinated! You can't buy the coffee there, but you can go to downtown Durham and enjoy a cup at Parker & Otis. Several of our Triad coffee shops sell Counter Culture Coffee, so be sure to look for it. And be sure to pick up a "Coffee Driven" bumper sticker. Mine is on the bulletin board above my desk because, more so than my car, my work is driven by coffee!

Do you have a favorite coffee road trip?

1 comment:

  1. Rather than tell my audience how lame I was at tasting the separate earthy, fruity elements of coffee (ahem, that one was bitter, this one was less bitter) . . . I'll refer you to someone who knows her coffee: Sarah Hummell of Cafe Roche. Check out her Facebook page for a sample description.

    ReplyDelete

No negative reviews of coffee shops, please. CoffeeCat likes 'em all!