Friday, November 26, 2010

An Escape from the Ordinary . . . refrigerator


After a Thanksgiving day of eating, napping and baking holiday treats for humans and canines, this morning was time for Mocha Mutt to escape from the almighty, overstuffed, delectables-filled refrigerator at home . . . and to get back to work!! Where better to do this than one of my favorite Triad Coffee Shops? I could get a sandwich (chicken, not turkey, thank you!), a warm, highly-caffeinated beverage, and about 10 miles between me and the refrigerator. So, I could focus on my work, enjoy holiday music in the background, and eat only what I needed to eat, and not everything in sight.

While the thrill of the hunt motivates many people to shopping centers on Black Friday, Mocha Mutt prefers the relaxed, happy atmosphere of a coffee shop - - it's a refuge from the traffic, noise, and busy-ness of the season, and a pleasant way to enjoy a small meal and "comfort" beverage. Won't you join me?

2 comments:

  1. CoffeeCat sniffed out a new coffee shop today on a Coffee Road Trip, but it was closed. Sigh. Hard-working coffee servers need a day off, too. But, I'll try again tomorrow.

    I was successful in supporting some shops on Main Street, Hometown, USA. I got a head start on Small Business Saturday and found some nifty treats for some friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you missed it, MochaMutt. One of the shops had spiced chai and samples of chocolate BARK! Imagine, dark chocalate and coffee in one treat.

    ReplyDelete

No negative reviews of coffee shops, please. CoffeeCat likes 'em all!