Saturday, January 22, 2011

Coffee Break - give me a double!

I'll confess. I missed having a coffee break with a friend on National Coffee Break Day. I was swamped with meetings and projects and the day just got away from me. I wasn't too concerned, seeing as how CoffeeCat pretty much makes every day a coffee holiday.

So, I made up for it by taking 2 coffee breaks today at Triad Coffee Shops. First, a coffee chat turned into lunch at Community Arts Cafe with a new friend. What a treat! How often do we enjoy conversation, getting to know someone new, bounce ideas off each other without cell phone interruptions and without stopping to look at the clock? Like, never!

As if that wasn't great enough, I took a coffee break with the kiddos (not mine, but kiddos nonetheless!) at Chelsee's. Kids love coffee shops, and they're perfect for a little family down time in the midst of a hectic, errand filled day. Why are they perfect? Because, while the kids are getting hyped up on hot chocolate and cookies, the grown-ups can get hyped up on coffee. Even Stevens!

When I first started sharing my coffee shops with my young nieces, I explained they have to be on their best behavior so they can go to a grown-up place. So now, they're well behaved and feel like they're getting special time with the grown-ups. And, vice verse, taking a kid to your favorite coffee shop can make you feel younger. Especially if the kids are not your own :-)

Fans, if you've been meaning to have coffee with a new friend, old friend, a kid or a grown-up, don't put it off. Do it! Whether it's 30 minutes or a few hours, you'll be so glad you slowed down to enjoy time at your locally owned coffee shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No negative reviews of coffee shops, please. CoffeeCat likes 'em all!