Monday, August 9, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday?

Could it have been manic if this song didn't get into my head until the end of the day? I guess not!

It's never a good day when this song is on your mind from the alarm clock until lunch. The next time it happens to you (and it will), CoffeeCat insists that you punch out, leave work, go to the nearest coffee shop, and take a real coffee break. Not a coffee break at the office coffee machine, but a break over freshly ground, freshly brewed, organic, fair trade coffee and a few words with the barista about the weather.

Try it. You'll like it. And if you forget, you can look up this post by its title and be reminded that it is OK to take a coffee break. You will be more productive, happier, and nicer to your coworkers when you return to work. If you're not, then you need to select a coffee shop further away from the office. Look for upcoming Coffee Road Trip posts for suggestions.

In the meantime, I'm happy to see more coffee shop events popping up on Facebook pages. I'm adding them to the Events page as I find them, but if I miss one, please let me know. Be sure to friend your favorite coffee shops so you can stay tuned . . . and look for Triad Coffee Shops coming soon to FB!

Do your part to make the world a better place: take your grumpy self to the coffee shop for an attitude adjustment. I've tried it and it works (only a few people close to me would disagree!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

No negative reviews of coffee shops, please. CoffeeCat likes 'em all!