Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Take time to . . .

What a handsome hound!
smell the coffee, and pet the bassett hound!

I normally save my coffee shop coin for the weekends, when I have time to relax with a tall cup of something sweet and caffeinated and savor the atmosphere of energy and anticipation that comes with a coffee shop full of people with a busy, enjoyable weekend day ahead of them.

However, I did things differently yesterday. Every Tuesday morning for several months, I have been driving past a neighborhood café/coffee shop, in a rush to make deliveries and get started on another busy workday. Yesterday, I decided to take the time to pull into the parking lot (which is nearly always full) and go inside to treat myself to an iced chai latté. The place was busy, with professionals meeting & working while enjoying a full breakfast, friends having breakfast together and chatting, and others just grabbing a drink to go.

I grabbed my (deliciously yummy) chai and made my exit, but a very persistent and friendly bassett hound just outside the café slowed me down with a single glance of her puppy dog eyes. So, being MochaMutt, after all, I stopped to talk to her, let her sniff my hands, and gave her a good friendly pat on the head. Her parents had their iced coffees and were ready to take her on a morning walk, so I went on my way, and they on theirs.

For the rest of the morning, while I sipped my chai and worked at my desk, I pictured the sweet little bassett and realized that slowing down for something you enjoy and getting a little bit of puppy love is the perfect way to start a weekday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No negative reviews of coffee shops, please. CoffeeCat likes 'em all!