Wednesday, August 18, 2010

True (Chai) Confessions

MochaMutt has a confession to make - don't worry, it's not bad!! MochaMutt truly cherishes a good ol' cup o' chai. That's right, chai - - spiced tea. Since nearly every Triad Coffee Shop has a variety of teas and other non-coffee drinks available, I thought it would be OK to go public on this blog with my preference for this delectable drink. MochaMutt has a good sniffer, but has, on occasion, stumbled on a poorly concocted cup of chai.

Today, however, MochaMutt put the sniffer to work and discovered a treasure hidden in plain site. Java Jo'z on High Point Road in Greensboro was a welcome sight for my hot paws this afternoon. The barista promised me the best chai in Greensboro, and he might be right!! I ordered it cold, blended with ice instead of over ice, and dawg, was I impressed. It got me through a horrible weekly chore (grocery shopping) with a caffeine- and sugar-inspired spring in my step.

MochaMutt plans to try a few more varieties of chai concoctions and report back on them. We'd love to hear about your favorite cool treats for these steamy hot days. What's your favorite cold coffee shop drink? Where do you find it? MochaMutt wants to know.

1 comment:

  1. For another great summer treat, try the frozen lemonade at iCoffee in Summerfield.

    ReplyDelete

No negative reviews of coffee shops, please. CoffeeCat likes 'em all!