Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What's not to love?

The Pilgrim (well, half of it) came with tortilla chips & salsa.
Coffee pot collection at Tate Street

Tate Street Coffee House is one of those eclectic places where you see something new every time you visit. Tonight, I noticed the collection of 50 or so coffee pots that span many decades. One day I'd like to get the story on each piece.

Today, I was more focused on getting food. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I had a warm Pilgrim sandwich (turkey, cheese, and spinach on a fresh roll) and a frozen lemonade set in front of me. For a shrine to coffee, this place has great food for just a smidge more than you pay at a drive thru.

When you're surrounded by posters of American music & literature icons, tons of local art, and the smell of fresh coffee, the drive through lane doesn't seem one bit appealing.

Don't let the name fool you -- more and more coffee shops are offering good eats and frozen treats!


2 comments:

  1. CoffeeCat is reminded that drive-thru coffee shops are, however, quite appealing. Gourmet coffee at a drive thru. Amazing modern marvels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/05/2010

    Mmmmmm.... that sandwich looks very, very tasty.

    ReplyDelete

No negative reviews of coffee shops, please. CoffeeCat likes 'em all!